The Alpha Bursary
What is the Alpha Bursary?
The Foundation’s leitmotiv is ‘help to help’. With this in mind, we have developed a $7500 bursary program. The bursary will be given out to a literacy organization that will introduce an innovative teaching project in basic training or literacy.
Organizations interested in receiving the bursary can apply between February 4th and April 5th, 2019. No submission will be accepted after the deadline.
Terms and conditions
Organizations interested in receiving the bursary have to meet the following terms and conditions:
- All eligibility requirements are met;
- The submission is complete with all of the required information.
- To be a supporter of the Alpha Circle;
- A complete file is submitted;
- A submission is sent between February the 4th and April the 5th, 2019.
- Submissions are be sent by email (any submission sent by regular mail will not be accepted).
No financing for these projects:
- Moneymaking projects;
- Research projects.
- Step 1 : Preparing your submission to the Foundation
- First, fill out the required form which can be found online, including a project outline (5000 characters maximum) and a preliminary budget. Incomplete submissions will be automatically rejected. Submit your file by email (applications sent by regular mail will not be accepted).
- Step 2 : Evaluating your project
- The Foundation will process all submitted applications in the six weeks following the deadline. A committee of three members (two from an external source and one from the Foundation) will examine all the submissions. The Committee will select an innovative project in the field of teaching. In addition, the project has to be easily transferable and long-term.
- Step 3 : The final result
- If your organization is selected for the bursary, the Foundation will notify the contact person for the submission. Media events will follow. The winning organization will be the only one contacted.
- If you have any question, please contact:
Chief of services
514 289-1178, extension 228