I Don’t Give Up, I’m a Winner! bursaries
I Don’t Give Up, I’m a Winner! bursaries – Sixth edition
Through the generous contribution of Fondation Desjardins, the Literacy Foundation is pleased to open, for the fifth year, the application period for the I Don’t Give Up, I’m a Winner! bursaries, to underscore the perseverance and determination of adults who have successfully undertaken literacy or basic training.
This year, $1,000 bursaries will be awarded to five adults who have gone back to school to upgrade their reading and writing skills and thus improve their living conditions.
Who can participate?
To be eligible, candidates must:
- be over 16 years of age and be residents of Quebec;
- have been registered in literacy or basic training in an adult education centre or a grassroots organization, or in a corporate basic training program, between January 1, 2015 and May 27, 2016;
- have achieved a personal or professional goal through completing this training;
- have followed a path that may serve as a model for other adults wishing to go back to school in order to upgrade their reading, writing and numeracy skills.
How to submit a nomination
You must submit by mail no later than Friday, May 27, 2016 a nomination file that must include all the following elements:
- The official nomination form, which must bear the signature of two respondents who can speak to the path followed by the adult and confirm the accuracy of the facts submitted in the file.
- A text of two (2) to four (4) pages written by the respondents presenting:
- the adult’s initial motivation;
- hurdles faced and overcome;
- results achieved and changes generated by acquisition of this new knowledge;
- how this nominee’s path can be a model for other adults in a similar situation.
- A text of 15 to 25 lines, handwritten or typed, written by the nominee describing the changes the training has made to his or her life.
The Literacy Foundation reserves the right to get in touch with individuals or organizations nominating candidates in order to obtain further information.
Incomplete files will be discarded.