How to participate
Give a brand new book to an underprivileged child in your region in November and December
- Buy a new children’s book (0–12 years old) at one of the collection sites.
Give preference to entertaining books: stories, novels, comic books, board books.
See suggestions from Communication-Jeunesse.
- Ask a bookstore employee, a librarian or the person responsible for the collection for a donation kit.
- Write a short message of encouragement for the child on the dedication bookmark.
- Complete the postcard if you would like to hear from the child.
Put a stamp on the postcard or place the price of the stamp in the bag,* to increase your chance of receiving a reply.
- Put everything in the bag and place it in the Gift of Reading collection box.
Books collected are distributed in May.
Make a cash donation
Help us keep The Gift of Reading going! Cash donations help support program logistics, including the distribution of books to the children. Make a donation!
Organize a book or fundraising drive
Any time in the year, you can organize a drive at your workplace or among your friends and family in aid of The Gift of Reading. The drive can take different forms, whether it’s to collect new children’s books or raise money: office party, gift exchange, golf tournament, etc.