The Go getters’ bursaries
→ 10 bursaries of $1,500 to be won!
→ Deadline : Friday, May 28, 2021
Through the generous contribution of Desjardins Foundation, the Literacy Foundation is pleased, for the tenth consecutive year, to open up the application period for the Go Getter’s bursaries ( I Don’t Give Up, I’m a Winner! bursaries). This award highlights the perseverance and determination of adults who have successfully undertaken steps to improve their literacy skills and understanding of core subjects.
This year, $1,500 bursaries will be awarded to ten adults who have gone back to school to upgrade their reading and writing skills and thus improve their living conditions.
→ Meet the 2018 winners (in french)
Do you know an adult learner who has shown determination and courage in undertaking literacy or basic training? Could his or her story inspire other adults wishing to upgrade their reading and writing skills?
Who can participate?
To be eligible, candidates must:
- be over 16 years of age and be residents of Quebec;
- have been registered in literacy or basic training in an adult education centre or a grassroots organization, or in a corporate basic training program;
- have achieved a personal or professional goal through completing this training;
- have followed a path that may serve as a model for other adults wishing to go back to school in order to upgrade their reading, writing and numeracy skills;
- have an e-mail address where information can be sent;
- have a bank account with Desjardins (otherwise, the winner will have to take the necessary steps to open one in order to get the bursary);
- be willing and available for making a promotional video (see examples opposites), if the recipient becomes a winner;
Note : For applying, it is not mandatory to have completed basic training.
* The word ‘basic training’ refers to registration at the secondary level, secondary level for adults or professional level.
How to submit a nomination
You must submit by mail no later than Friday, May 28, 2021, 5 pm a nomination file that must include all the following elements:
- The official nomination form
- A text of 500 words written by the respondents presenting:
- the adult’s initial motivation;
- hurdles faced and overcome;
- results achieved and changes generated by acquisition of this new knowledge;
- how this nominee’s path can be a model for other adults in a similar situation.
- A text of 15 to 25 lines, handwritten or typed, written by the nominee describing the changes the training has made to his or her life.
The Literacy Foundation reserves the right to get in touch with individuals or organizations nominating candidates in order to obtain further information.
Incomplete files will be discarded.
If you want more information, please dial 1 877 389-1178 or write an e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org